Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Brussels Day 1, March 13, 2013

I arrived in Brussels this morning, and was a bit surprised to see snow on the ground, even though I knew there had been a snowstorm on Tuesday. After settling in at a friend's house, and discussing the latest on European politics, I took a short nap and ventured out into the cold to see some of my favorite sights in Brussels.  My first stop is always the Grand Place



The old square looks better than ever - the last time I was in town they were doing major renovations on many of the building, so it was nice to see that everything was in good shape and all the scaffolding was gone.  Nearby is a shopping arcade:


I took many pictures as I wandered around, highlighting some of the more interesting shops, like the hip hop outlet and Beer Temple:










 I ended my walk with some pictures of the snow, which had turned into slush by the end of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment