Monday, August 6, 2012

Euro Crisis grinds along

Three years ago I started off my class on Western European Politics saying that the Euro crisis was going to be like watching a slow-motion train wreck. Three years later, those words still hold true.  I took a couple of months off from blogging as I was working on some book projects, and I have to say that trying to follow developments in Europe is often a bit tedious, although necessary, as it's not clear when some critical event is going to tip the balance and lead to some major cascade into disaster.  In any case, I need to get back into the swing of things before the semester starts in a few weeks so here are some of the latest headlines:

Don't let the Eurozone Debate Turn Nasty

In Euro Crisis, Every Player Has His Own Agenda

Euro Falls as Italy's Monti Warns of Euro

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment